Monday, January 10, 2011

The Look of the Week - Amanda Boalt

WHO Amanda Boalt, Designer, Strong Boalt, Palm Beach



THE LOOK Helmut Lang pants, 3.1 Phillip Lim trench coat, Stuart Weitzman boots
THE JEWELRY 1950’s Miriam Haskell pendant necklace with a graphic black faceted center stone surrounded by carnelian stones all set in a gold filigree pendant, House of Lavande  
INSPIRATION Style icons range from Grace Kelly to Peter Beard. For her everlasting style and his extensive travel and sketching. I like to imagine my swimwear going from poolside in Monaco to post safari in Lamu, Kenya.
FAVORITE ADORNMENTS: I never take off my grandmother's large cocktail rings which I wear on my pinky fingers, and a long 1970's Van Cleef & Arpels gold chain cluttered with charms given to my mother from my father.  Other than heirlooms, I look forward to the custom pieces my friend, Caroline Kling, has designed inspired by my prints. Gold aviators and canvas totes, whether from LL Bean or Hermes, take me anywhere.
STYLE TIPS Adopt Amanda's classic with an edge style by focusing on clothing pieces and accessories that have character and tell a story. Mix & match favorite keepsakes with current pieces that are classic in silhouette and updated with trend-on fabrics, prints and embellishments. Think a classic belted shirt dress mixed with a must-have open-toe bootie and stacked mixed bracelets.